Monday, March 15, 2010

Mercosur, Bolivia

My one and so far only one cover from Bolivia sent back in 1998.



I sometimes wonder if any of these people who had sent me letters and postcards and with whom i had totally lost touch, if maybe they had ever accidentally come across my blogs and maybe recognized themselves in some of my posts....
The Mercosur stamp is of a value of 3.00 Bs and was issued in 1997.
Mercosur (Southern Common Market) is a Regional Trade Agreement (RTA) among& Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay founded in 1991 by the Treaty of Asunción, which was later amended and updated by the 1994 Treaty of Ouro Preto. Its purpose is to promote free trade and the fluid movement of goods, people, and currency.
Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru have an associate member status. The four *shining starts* represent each of the main member states.

No comments:

Post a Comment