Sunday, May 30, 2021

The 100th Anniversary of Leipzig Zoo, DDR


Even though I love animals in general, I cannot deny that the smaller guys have an extra special place in my heart - I dont know if it is cos they seem more helpless than the grown / bigger ones and they seem like they need extra care and protection...though on the other hand my heart has melted countless of times over many examples all over the internet showing big animals...




Either way, on today's subject of small animals, I am participating with this set of four stamps issued on 23 May 1978 in DDR, for the 100th Anniversary of the Zoo in Leipzig (first opened on 09 June 1878), featuring a leopard, a lion, a snow leopard and (siberian) tiger, i.e their mini versions in which none of them look intimidating, do they?

Check out today's Sunday Stamps for more adorable animal buddies. 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness they are so cute. Of course I understand they grow up to be ferocious creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the scene I saw this morning. I walked out of my house to pick up the Sunday newspaper and there was a bobcat (lynx rufus) staring at me from 5 meters away! Beautiful creature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like little cats to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes super cute, complete with those beautiful markings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable. I guess I like small animals for their cuddliness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess they do not stay small for long - then look out!

    ReplyDelete