Sunday, March 3, 2019

The 75th Anniversary of Batman, USA

Nice chilly Sunday over here, which is kind of the perfect weather... not too cold, not too hot... just ideal. And it is time for our second letter of the alphabet, that has nothing to do with weather, but with one of the most cult... cultest (??) superheros of all times...
 Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... BATMAN!

Well frankly I've never really watched the Batman movies, but when I was a kid I was impatiently waiting for every new episode of this Batman and Robin series from 1966. It was just so funny and entertaining!  (it was shown decades later here, I was far from born in 1966 btw :))







The character (whose secret name is Bruce Wayne) was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger, and first appeared in Detective Comics #27, in 1939.




So on October 9, 2014, the USPS issued stamps commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the superhero.

Four versions of the iconic DC Comics super hero are depicted from four eras of comic book history. In addition, there are four circular stamps showcasing the evolution of the Bat-Signal.
At first I actually thought the circular ones were like stickers, but then I realized they were actual stamps... super cool, eh?

Love the color of the envelope here... fits in perfectly with the stamps! Thanks to Bryon! :)

Enjoy your Sunday and check out the rest of the Bees :)





7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you received all of the different stamps in that set on one envelope.

    To post a hyperlink in a comment you should google: how do I create a hyperlink with html

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I like that someone was nice enough to send you the full set on one envelope. I liked this set a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also received these stamps. At first sight I thought the same as you regarding the round stamps :) I'm not a big fan of Batman, but I love comics on stamps. By the way... you found a lot of B for this post!

    I've sent you an e-mail regarding the hyperlink question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I like that 1966 series too with its whimsical catch phrases. Those round stamps are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a Batman fan but must admire these stamps. Lucky you to get them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! online philatelic auctions

    ReplyDelete