Sunday, March 10, 2019

Coffee

This warm day of March may fool you that spring has arrived, being it is 22 C right now, but the following days shall prove me wrong cos it's gonna be all cold and rain again... meh. I don't mind the rain as long as I don't have to go outside and do stuff....but since that's not the case, I can just say I'm really not looking forward to next week :P

Anyways, we are already in the third episode of the new A-Z Sunday Stamps season, and I almost went with cats, again, but then I told myself, Ana, just get out of that comfort zone and post something else... so I decided to go into another comfort zone of mine, and that is Coffee :D


I was actually surprised to see that there aren't that many coffee related stamps out there, and out of those not-that-many, seems like I only have these...didn't do a thorough check though..




First is an FDC issued by HP Mostar, one of the three postal entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

International Coffee Day was celebrated on October 1st 2015 in Milan  for the first time, and it was organized by the International Coffee Organization – ICO through emphasizing coffee's journey from the manufacturer to coffee lovers. Coffee (Coffea arabica L.) is a tropical plant whose colour and scent partially depend on the time used for baking its beans, and the quality of this drink depends on the manner of grinding the beans.
The two most popular sorts are: Coffea arabica (typica and bourbon) and Coffeacanephora (robusta). It comes from Ethiopia, from the Kaffa region by which it got its name. The legend says that the drink was discovered by a shepherd named Kaldi that noticed that his goats were more energetic after having nibbled on the red berries. After tasting the coffee berries for himself he concluded that they gave him additional energy, so he shared his discovery with the Coptic priests in a nearby monastery. Through them, coffee expanded to the Arabic peninsula where the process of preparation, serving and drinking coffee was developed. In Europe coffee appeared in 1570 when the Venetian traders transported it to Venice along with tobacco.

There were two stamps issued on this occasion on October 1st 2018, i.e last year.






The other set comes from Sweden, showcasing 4 different stamps of hot coffee, where, my guess is, the preparation of coffee in a coffee shop is presented, starting from the washing of cups, choosing your coffee and finally preparing it. Very cute.
These were issued on 29th March 2006.

Are you a coffee lover or do you prefer tea? I'm a coffee person myself, but not that I cannot live without it, just that I kinda don't want to - having a cup of coffee in the morning has more of a psychological effect on me than that it actually helps me wake up or whatever.

Btw, if you are ever (like me) not so sure what you are about to order, here are some simple guidelines :D



cheers to this magic liquid!

For the rest of the C-entires, take a look at here 

9 comments:

  1. Well done, you did embed the code correctly! Great stamps, and I love that notice board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that the world need more coffee-related and tea-related stamps. I would like to receive those, sure!

    I'm a coffee person AND a tea person... why should I choose? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received recently three stamps dedicated to coffee, from the Netherlands. See here and here, if you feel curious.

      Delete
  3. I love this theme, wonderful stamps! And love the no nonsens coffee guide :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah coffee, a subject, a beverage near and dear to my heart! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But why does it take so long for a coffee to be prepared these days. Cappuccino would be my choice - with chocolate on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't get through the day without coffee, love those coffee bean hands on the FDC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, wonder why there aren't more coffee related stamps?!
    As much as I love to see 'coffee art', I am a plain black person myself. Tea in the summer, mostly
    (although I have been sick these last two weeks and tea has been my drink of choice)

    ReplyDelete
  8. uff šta san ljubomorna na taj FDC s kavom...!

    ReplyDelete