Sunday, April 11, 2021

The 100th anniversary of aviation, Malaysia


This cover comes probably with one of the worst scribbles of hiding an address 😄


Today's Sunday Stamps topic is air travel... something I've been missing terribly for over a year now and something I still have no idea when i will be able to go back to - I frankly hate all those rules being imposed - travelling should make you feel free, travelling is liberating, travelling shouldnt give me headaches regarding vaccines, quarantines, PCR tests, masks on hours and hours long flihts and such restrictions... I dont know if the travelling we used to know has come to an end or not, but then again, it is not just travelling but life in general....

Well at least Sunday Stamps is still the good old one, and my contribution today is with this cover from Malaysia, issued on 7th of July, 2011, commemorating the 100 years of aviation. The stamps show the upgrade / development of planes (starting from the right side), showing the birth of aviation, then the era of aviation development and in the end the era of aviation excellence. That is excellence for the time being... Im sure in 100 years or so, things will have advanced to a totally different level (regular flights to space maybe?? )


For more air-travel stamps, visit today's edition of Sunday Stamps 

And tell me, do you miss travelling? What is it that you miss the most during all these lockdowns and restrictions? 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful envelope and very elaborated scribble... :D

    I miss travelling, but not certainly planes. After some years living in an island, and then some years abroad, I have evolved to more quite ways of travelling (i.e., train & boat). But for the rest of rules... well, we wear masks all the time, travelling or not. And I wonder if that will be so during a lot of years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this set goes from b&w to sepia to full colour.
    As much as I enjoy travelling, the planes/airports were always the worst part for me. Adding wearing a mask in an enclosed space for several hours to get overseas, well, I think it would have to be a long visit as I wouldn't want to turn around to do it all again in a couple of weeks time.
    I miss most the simple things of going out for a meal, or coffee with a friend or two. I live alone and it is quite lonely at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set, I like the time span. I always get the impression air travel was a pleasurable experience in the old more leisurely days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No messing about with designs here - proper planes. Like you we are grounded for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No messing about with designs here - proper planes. Like you we are grounded for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No messing about with designs here - proper planes. Like you we are grounded for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete