Sunday, February 18, 2018

Angry Birds, Finland

So a new round of the A-Z game starts today, and let's see how well I do this time. I just have this feeling that this second round is gonna bring more creative and out of the ordinary posts that won't just stick to country names, but would go way beyond that. At least I thought I'd try that way and see what I can come up with.

And I will officially open this second round with the super duper cool Angry Birds!



Don't know about you, but I LOVE video games, though nowadays I play way less than I used to some years ago, which may be a bit ironic cos now video games are literally available on all of your devices and you can play them on the go unlike before. I grew up with Super Mario and Adventure Island and Prince of Persia and JetPac and Colin McRae and a plethora of other stuff. Nowadays you can mainly see me playing Candy Crush. I actually was really against all those FB games until a few years ago when during this really tough part of my life I kinda gave in and used it in order to keep my mind off things. And somehow it grew on me cos of all those bright colours and the overall cheerful tone it has. It is one of my guilty pleasures, ha ha.
And back to the Angry Birds, I used to play this one a lot on my phone, but nowadays due to the never-ending issue of memory and storage, I have decided to not install any games on my phone, plus it will give me less or no chances of totally wasting my time on it. But I love Angry Birds! They are just so cute, and the fact that they are angry makes them even more adorable and gives this comical touch to it all :D
And being that this entire concept originated in Finland, no wonder that the Finnish post decided to commemorate them on stamps too (Finland does in general have interesting ideas on what to put on stamps). The video game was created by the Rovio Entertainment company, in 2009 and featured into a movie (that I still havent watched because I am kinda sparing myself some potential disappointment - like it happened with Secret Life of Pets for example.
Also, along with the stamps, cute priority stickers were issued, that I had received on some of my postcards, but which unfortunately, are not shown on this FDC.
Anyways, here on the stamps you can meet, from left to right, top row of stamps: Red (the angriest bird), Stella (the feisty optimist), Bomb (the chill guy).
Bottom row of stamps feature: Chuck, The Blues (the three of a kind, aka Jim, Jake. and Jay) and Leonard (or the bad pig).

How about you? Have you ever been into video games? Are you still into them? Any favourites and guilty pleasures?

And before you leave, don't forget to check more of the A-related stamps for today! 

3 comments:

  1. I played a few games, but realize that I haven't played any in about 3 or 4 years. Angry Birds in indeed cool. I have only the red one in my accumulation, so neat to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into video games, and I've never been. However, the stamps dedicated to them, as well and comics and children characters, always catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's inevitable I suppose that social media is bound to increase the number of such stamps.

    ReplyDelete