Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Disney Villains, USA

a lovely mail-day today! this one in particular has been sent in order to 'celebrate' my getting back to blogging (and I thought it had its revengeful motives behind it) so yeah, in order to congratulate to myself as well for my 'hard work', here it is :)))




A fantastic set issued by the USPS on July 15th, this year (almost my birthday), celebrating the rich legacy of the Walt Disney Studio’s Ink and Paint Department by dedicating a sheet of 20 Forever stamps featuring 10 classic Disney Villains.

Beginning in 1923, as part of Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney’s Ink and Paint Department helped create classic animated films. Its artists brought life to countless memorable characters, including many iconic Disney Villains

First row, from left: the Queen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), Honest John (Pinocchio), Lady Tremaine (Cinderella), the Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland) and Captain Hook (Peter Pan);

 Second row, from left: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Cruella De Vil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians), Ursula (The Little Mermaid), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast) and Scar (The Lion King).

I love all these films, some more some less, and even though I cant tell if I have a favourite villain, but as for films, out of these 10, probably 101 Dalmatians is my favourite one - probably cos it features so many puppies :)) But going back to my childhood, I actually first had read the novel and then watched the Disney Movie, so probably my heart was already full of impressions that the movie didn't manage to ruin (which frankly often happens with movies based on books..)

Alice in Wonderland is probably the most quoted one, while the Lion King seems to be the source of the most mentioned songs, or at least that's my impression.

on the following link you can take a look at the USPS ceremony where these stamps were presented... I think I'd go bankrupt if I attended an event like this....just look at those cancellations for instance!



One thing though... we're having an issue of villains here.. don't know how to take this and if I should be reading between the lines or... cos of my devious behaviour and all....hmm, got me thinking.....will stock on missiles, just in case...

Thank you Bryon :D


1 comment:

  1. Interesting postmark too, Whitehall, Montana? That's a pretty remote area! Love those Disney stamps! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete