Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ferns, USA

Today's Sunday Stamps theme is 'green'...and I honestly couldn't get any greener than this...




The USPS issued this set of fern stamps on March 6, 2014.
Ferns are considered a favourite with gardeners and florists and range from tiny moss-like plants to giants as tall as trees. The ferns featured on the stamps are five of the approximately 380 different species found in North America. Here we have five of them, starting from left to right - Painted fern, Goldie's wood Fern, Autumn fern, Soft shield fern, Fortune's holly fern.
I love the nice clear postmarks on this one...thanks a bunch to Bryon for sending this to me :)

And for more of this eyes-soothing colour, check today's edition of Sunday Stamps.


6 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about these fern stamps. They are lovely. And how nice to have a set of them on one envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing greener than a fern. When I look at them I always think of the vast length of time this species has been growing on our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have received some of these. They are really beautiful stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ferns, and I love these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stamps! I've never seen them before and I love this simple design.
    And I love ferns, too. I didn't know that both there are so many types known and that they are so popular! Here in NL we just say 'fern' to any fern and they are of more or less the same, rather small, size. I've seen giant ferns in Australia but those don't exist in our tiny part of the world.
    To be short: beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps have caught the delicacy of the ferns magnificently. Great stamps.

    ReplyDelete