Sunday, July 27, 2014

I ❤ Postcrossing, Finland

Time for another Sunday Stamps post, and a theme of 'anything you wish'...and NO, it won't be a train post :) When Viridian mentioned that we could maybe choose something that doesn't really fit into another theme, I don't know why but my choice fell on this Postcrossing FDC...yeah, I could probably squeeze it into a 'mail-related' subject, but who knows...I may miss that one time..and to admit, it is always really difficult for me to pick one thing when I have anything to choose from, so in order not to get stuck into an infinite loop here, I'll go with this one :)




This FDC was issued last year by the Finnish post, to commemorate the fantastic project of Postcrossing!. In case for whatever reason someone reading this is not really familiar with it, I highly recommend it that you check it out..if you've stumbled here than you probably love mail, and if you love mail, you will definitely love Postcrossing! I accidentally discovered it more than 6 years ago (yep, it's been that long), and I am not overreacting when I say that it is one of the best things that has happened to my life! Seriously!

Why I love it?  Well, I've always been into snail mail and after simply ceasing contact with my long-term penpals (that's both sides to blame, we just didn't have the time), I realized how much I actually miss stalking the postman, checking my mailbox dozen times a day and finding something inside that's not bills or commercial leaflets. And thanks to Postcrossing, my mailbox started feeling happy again...and me as well. Because it is not just about the cards you receive but also the fantastic people you meet on your way along...and I've had the greatest pleasure of meeting some of those people in person. And when I look back, I can't believe it how much this project has shaped and changed my life...for the better! May sound pathetic, but finding cards in your mailbox is one of the rare things sometimes that can brighten up your day and make you feel better instead wallow into your own misery...yeah, something so trivial can have such great powers :)

Btw, I am more than proud to be the number 1 postcrosser from Macedonia :D

Me at Postcrossing :)



Hope you are all having a nice Sunday...and enjoy the variety of stamps and themes today!



6 comments:

  1. There is no mistaking the topic on this FDC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love Postcrossing so much, but I love that cover--especially the big mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that the post offices in several countries have recognised Postcrossing. I love Postcrossing but I'm only 11th in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and where do all my stamps come from? :-) I am no. 41 in the USA! the cost for postage does add up over time but better than some other things i could spend it on. I gave up postcrossing for 5 months one time and it was hard to do. thank you for sharing these stamps - i haven't seen them yet of postcards. congrats on being n. 1 .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamps look fun when seen as a set.
    I'm number 29 in Canada. Still waiting to request an address and get you :)

    ReplyDelete