Sunday, July 25, 2010

Smurfs' 50th Anniversary, Belgium

I know that I have been neglecting this blog much more than my postcard one, but I promise I will try to change that...problem is, I often am in doubts of what to post here exactly, and eventually I end up posting nothing...and my indecisiveness has proved once more to be a bad way of solving things....

So here we are today with this fantastic miniature sheet portraying one of the most famous cartoon characters, The Smurfs


The set of stamps + one mini sheet was issued by the Belgian Post in 2008 in order to commemorate the Smurfs' 50th Anniversary. I have to say that the sheet looks just amazing!


Issue date: 29/09/2008
Sheet size: 186mm x 156 mm
Denomination: 0,54
Composition oh the sheet: 5 stamps

The commemorative stamps include five Smurf Stamps: 1) Smurf Kissing Smurfette Stamp, 2) The Smurf Handshake Stamp, 3) Smurf Cake Stamp, 4) Smurf Eats Chocolate Cake Stamp, and 5) The Party Smurf Stamp.

The whole big picture is a celebratory Smurf Party! The Miniature Sheet depicts Smurfs having a fun time with party hats, streamers, great food and a little bubbly!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful stamps. I remember smurfs remotely, I had a shampoo with a very big Smurf head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,iºam Raul from Madrid,Spain,you did a nice job with this website,i like your articles and you photos,i will visit you again soon to see the new post,maybe you want to visit some of my sites
    Nehoiu online ,Nehoiu is a beautiful town in Romania, Marketing This is one of my bussines, Asesinos seriales ,this is a blog about serial killers, Directorio web SEO ,this is a free but with reciprocal link web directories where you can submit you sites,i hope you will find it usefull.bye bye

    ReplyDelete